Badge 2022: Terracotta candles and hand-carved wooden boxes
There are two badges in 2022: The hand-carved wooden caskets and, new, the beautifully painted terracotta candles.
Painted terracotta candles: Whether on the balcony, in the living room or next to the bed: The terracotta candles of the project Silence in Calcutta provide light for a good cause. In India, the handmaded candles are painted by deaf and physically impaired people and produced under fair working conditions.
Wooden boxes: 200,000 boxes are made in India from sustainable mango wood. Our local partner is certified for its fair working conditions. The order enables 68 workers to live safely.
This is how the badges 2022 are produced
Information for teachers
Each box you order from us contains 20 small works of art and costs 120 francs – this corresponds to a selling price of six francs per piece.
10% of the proceeds go to your class fund, you can use it for an excursion, for example. For you as a teacher the participation is risk-free and uncomplicated. Unsold badges will be taken back without further ado. The order will be delivered to the school building on the desired date together with exciting teaching material.
Information for download
What your students learn
The direct sales from person to person is a valuable experience for the students and promotes important skills in a playful way. The badge sale offers your class a great and educational experience and brings other benefits such as:
- Promotion of social skills: Civil courage and solidarity
- Promotion of methodological competencies: Money management
- Promotion of personal skills: Fun to help
- 10% of the proceeds may be withheld for the class fund
- No financial risk: unsold badges are taken back
- A little thank-you note for every child
- Accident insurance for children during the sale
- Free teaching material for one school lesson
Every class counts!
The badge sale
- generates 10% of our donation income
- generates about 1 million francs
- helps 100’000 people in developing countries
The value of SWISSAID badge sales is also demonstrated by the fact that the President of the Swiss Confederation takes time each year to visit four school classes who have sold badges.