In the country since:
Matagalpa, Región Autónoma de la Costa Caribe Norte
Rank in the Human Development Index:
126 out of 191
- Secure food and better incomes for smallholder farming families through the introduction of agroecological farming methods, increased agricultural production and the processing and marketing of produce.
- Improved access to local seeds, water, knowledge and land.
- Strengthening the resilience of the population through improved disaster risk management and measures to adapt to climate change.
- Promoting the capacity of young people and women to participate in socio-economic processes and exercise their rights.
- Emergency aid in the event of natural disasters and extreme weather events such as droughts and floods.
The Nicaragua country program is co-financed by the SDC program contribution.