In Nicaragua, SWISSAID has focussed for the last few years on the following topics:
- Promoting organic, diversified small-farming style agriculture
- Supporting the local economy in rural areas
- Supporting our partner organisations so that they can actively participate in democratic processes at local and regional levels.
- Empowering women to equal decision-making status and ensuring they receive and use their economic, social and cultural rights, in both the private and public arenas.
- Empowering young people with leadership skills so that they can participate in the social, economic and cultural development of their villages.
It is important to us that the gender perspective is present in all programme activities, along with an awareness of the protection and sustainable use of natural resources.